DIARY directory is a b2b platform for fashion, beauty and lifestyle media and marketing / PR teams - currently providing industry contacts, dates, news and social stats. Our large database of contacts includes thousands of digital influencers, media titles and their editorial teams, freelancers, marketing/PR teams and brands. Live and sortable social media stats for entries allow comparative analysis and insight within filtered sections, plus additional engagement metrics for industry INFLUENCERS.
We aim to have the industry's most up to date and accessible content for our niche, searchable through an intuitive, user-friendly platform, and to support our clients with solutions to the industry's changing needs.
Since the current co-directors took over the day to day running of the business 6 years ago, we have seen promising growth in the business. In order to stay true to our mission of offering the industry's most up to date and accessible content, we realised digital & tech was at the heart of our next strategy. Therefore we have been successfully working with development partners over the last few years which has unlocked our growth.
We are now ready to take on our first in-house developer, to lead our technical function working alongside the directors, to strategise, plan and deliver on our business & technical objectives helping us continue our trajectory and to realise our ambitions for the business.
You will be working closely with the company owners, taking responsibility for the tech development required, from strategy to delivery, to achieve the clear vision we have of our business needs and product requirements. We are currently modernising our stack, having moved to AWS and now migrating towards Django. We aim to continue modernising our stack, ensuring best practice is observed with a passion for quality at every stage.
Some initial tech coaching and ongoing support will be provided by our current project development company (tbc!) but you will need to be hands-on, self-reliant, able to bring solution suggestions and ideas and to present them clearly to the owners.
Where can you have an impact?
- Continuing our migration to successful modern stacks, namely Django, React and AWS ensuring we have a robust and solid foundation to continue building upon
- Identifying and implementing new APIs that support our company mission, for example Hype Auditor and Phantombuster
- Gathering feedback from our admin team on their interactions with the admin platform, how they can speed up the time it takes to complete tasks, automating and adding new features as assessed
- Implementing best practices around modern security standards
- Strategising on how technology can impact the business' KPIs, and delivering these solutions autonomously or with partners as necessary
- Continuing our adoption of newer working methods; weekly iterations & increments
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- Extensive experience engineering complex Single Page Web Applications with a modern framework (React, Vue, Angular etc.)
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a software engineering role
- Experience working on user focused software projects in a B2B & B2C environment, with an appreciation for internal platforms too
- Experience on strategising, planning and delivering solutions derived from identifying a pain point
- Experience in migrations, debugging the old and moving to the new
- Hungry to be the technical leader of the business, and perhaps in the future growing your own technical team
- A background in Computer Science is a plus, but is not mandatory, though a quantitative degree with an appreciation for algorithms is required
- Expertise with React, Django and AWS is a must
- Familiarity with / nice-to-haves:
- PHP, Symfony and Code Ignitor
- CI / CD practises - we use github actions
- Infrastructure as code using terraform
- A passion for Lean Engineering
- PostgreSQL and database design
Benefits & Perks
- Salary: £50,000 to £60,000: Depending on experience
- Flexible working and reduced hours negotiable
- 23 plus UK Bank Holidays
- 100% remote working
- Investment in your technical training with our technical partner
- £1,000 personal technical training budget
- £2,000 for your tech setup
Date Expires: Sunday 8th March 2021